Monday, June 20, 2011

Summer Solstice


Merry Meet....tomorrow is the Summer Solstice and I thought I'd put a little holiday cheer on my blog in recognition of this ancient tradition!  I feel connected to the earth based practices and that 's how I live my life pretty much.  So tomorrow in honor of the longest day of the year, I'll light a fire outside as a symbol of the light and warmth that I hope will continue into the depths of winter.

So the Solstice marks the beginning of the end, in essence....the days will grow shorter and the promise of harvest time and cooler evenings to come!  So we should 'make hay while the sun shines' for the wheel turns so quickly....but that, to me, is also the hopefulness of the changing seasons.  Just like our lives, everything changes........

Blessed Be!

No comments:

Post a Comment