Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July......family time





Gosh, since moving to Indiana life has become so serene.  I think the only time I really miss our old home on Campbell Rd. in Ohio is on the 4th of July!  The last two years, we'd swim in our pool in the backyard until the fireworks started and have the firepit crackling and sparklers all over the place.  Our neighbors Jay and Mandy would have over friends and I'd have over friends and family....we could watch the fireworks at the Fairgrounds from our yards........ they represent for me the ultimate summertime and I'm glad the kids have those memories....I must dig up the discs that have those pics on them and put them up here!


Friday afternoon, Gabe, Alex and I went to see Cars 2. Roger Ebert was right....even better than the first movie! (Which was good, too!)  It was an exciting James Bond-style adventure.  The race was an international grand prix which took place in three countries...Japan, Italy and Great Britain.  The adventure and excitement were phenomenal!




Earlier this afternoon, the kids got a visit from their Grandma Lee from Cleveland!  She was heading home with other family members from a family reunion in Chicago and so they swung by Ft. Wayne to see us!  What a delight!






Erica (above with her family) and Toney (in the 4th and 5th pics) are 2 of George's siblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment